Monday, January 15, 2018

Busy needles!

Eegad, 2 years since I've updated. But, but....I'm still busy like a bee!

My son got married, and I have the most wonderful daughter in law, and so one of those years was spent hand quilting their wedding quilt. A tradition from my their grandmother T whom I loved to pieces. She taught me how to quilt when I was a newlywed and restless in Tennessee. :D

Dil and I went shopping for the fabric together, and she chose the pattern. I machine pieced and hand quilted in a standing hoop frame.



Then there was knitting. Everything from ornaments, Christmas stockings, socks, slippers, toe warmers, and learning how to double knit. Closest thing to magic on needles~




...and of course, antlers for the adorable grandpuppy!




Now that I'm looking 60 in the eye, I don't find myself of a bucket list in terms of what to experience or places to see. It's things I hope to be blessed with the time to make. My daughter's wedding quilt, future baby quilts and sweaters, things that warm and comfort and will last long after I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment